Micfrofinance Focus Europe, 26 August 2013: The Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion announced on Friday that Citi CEO Michael Corbat and Mastercard CEO Ajay Banga will attend and deliver remarks at the Financial Inclusion 2020 Global Forum in London. The two CEOs are among many other high-ranking public and private officials in attendance, including:
• Shamshad Akhtar , United Nations Assistant Secretary-General
• Matthew Bishop, U.S. Business Editor and New York Bureau Chief, The Economist
• Sendhil Mullainathan, Professor of Economics at Harvard
• Duvvuri Subbarao, former Governor of Reserve Bank of India
• Elizabeth Buse, Global Executive, Solutions, Visa Inc
The event will take place from October 28-30 and seeks to promote a global agenda of incorporating over 2 billion into financial inclusion. Using the year 2020 as a focal point, the forum will unveil recommendations from its primary research projects: the Roadmap for Financial Inclusion and Mapping the Invisible Market.
Among the listed supporters of the event are Citi, Visa Inc., Mastercard, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Western Union, MetLife, the Financial Times and others. The global forum is currently still soliciting recommendations for executives, innovators, policymakers and client advocates to participate in the event.