- Latest News
- In the field
- Microfinance Plus
- Latin America
- Writer's Corner
- Microfinance Mantra
- Featured Latest News
- Islamic Microfinance
- Micro Insurance
- Mobile Banking
- North America
- South America
- Expert Talk
Water.org launches online resource on Microfinance for Water & Sanitation
Submitted by mffocus on Mon, 05/16/2011 - 23:32
Microfinance Focus, May 16, 2011: Water.org has today launched a website WaterCredit.org to provide online information and learning opportunities on the increasing role of microfinance in water and sanitation projects across the world.
The website is targeted at a wide range of audiences, including microfinance institutions (MFIs), water and sanitation organizations, social investors, banks, catalytic philanthropists, researchers and the public at large.
The current content online on the website includes information about how WaterCredit works, WaterCredit Forums and other cross-sector workshops, and a variety of papers and reports focused on microfinance for water and sanitation.
Speaking on the occasion April Rinne, Water.org's director of WaterCredit said, "As a public resource, WaterCredit.org’s ultimate purpose is to make a comprehensive contribution to the microfinance and water and sanitation communities". "We intend to broaden site content over time, and we actively solicit contributions from other organizations and stakeholders working in this space" she added.
- Caterpillar- Water.org partnership to expand water and sanitation facilities
- Water.org to provide $2 million to help 50,000 people in Haiti
- Water.org and The MasterCard Foundation Accelerate Microfinance for Clean Water
- PepsiCo Foundation’s $8 million contribution to scale WaterCredit across India
- Water.org workshop in Chennai to focus on innovative water credits