- Latest News
- In the field
- Microfinance Plus
- Latin America
- Writer's Corner
- Microfinance Mantra
- Featured Latest News
- Islamic Microfinance
- Micro Insurance
- Mobile Banking
- North America
- South America
- Expert Talk
AAS Foundation to replicate Farz Islamic Microfinance methodology
Submitted by mffocus on Fri, 09/09/2011 - 19:37
Microfinance Focus, September 9, 2011: Pakistan’s Shariah certified Islamic microfinance institution, Farz Foundation has signed an MoU with AAS Foundation Bahawalnagar. Under the agreement, AAS Foundation will roll out Islamic Microfinance products of Farz Foundation including its Halal Business products (Livestock through Islamic Microfinance).
The Farz Foundation will provide advisory services for Islamic institutional development and Farz Islamic microfinance methodology. Farz Foundation will also build the capacity of the staff of AAS Foundation to kick of Islamic Microfinance operations. The AAS Foundation will share its experience of kitchen gardening with the Farz Foundation.
The AAS Foundation works in Bahawalnagar with an integrated approach and has prior experience in Islamic microfinance products. The AAS is working in District Bahawalnagar catering to 4500 households.
- Islamic Saving and Credit Cooperative of Cameroon to adopt Farz Model
- NGO World forays into Islamic Microfinance with Farz Foundation
- Islamic Microfinance Insti ‘Farz Foundation’ awarded Shariah certificate
- Islamic Microfinance awarded Shariah certificate
- Farz FDTN receives support from Church World Service Pakistan/Afghanistan